The Verny Capital Group and Vlast Internet magazine held an expert meeting Expert Update where they discussed the economic development of the regions of Kazakhstan. The meeting was attended by representatives of government, business and research institutions.
The speakers at the meeting: Bauyrzhan Mukan, Deputy Chairman of the Board, Economic Research Institute under the Ministry of National Economy, Olzhas Khudaibergenov, Senior Partner, Center for Strategic Initiatives, Serik Syzdykov, Director General, RG Gold. Rakhim Oshakbayev, Director, “TALAP” Applied Research Center acted as a moderator at the meeting.
The subject of the discussion is a topical issue because currently the government is working on the large package of documents regarding the regional development. The specialists are searching for new solutions for government and business, revising the development strategies of major cities (By the Order of the President, new development strategy will be prepared by September 2019) and development strategies of monocities. The issue of creating a direct investment fund is being considered.
The following issues were discussed at the meeting:
- what should be the strategy for regional development in Kazakhstan in the coming years and in the long term?
- what role should the business take in development of regions?
- how to solve the problem of monocities?
- will the rapid growth of cities change the approaches to development of regions?
- prospects for a new state direct investment fund.
Guram Andronikashvili resigns from post of Chairman of Management Board of ForteBank
Anastassiya Novikova heads the united editorial staff of informburo.kz web portal and Informburo TV program on Channel 31