Narxoz University implements internal and external social programs. The University provides social assistance to vulnerable categories of students, awards university grants, provides discounts for training, programs for preferential medical care, a system to support the health of students through the development of sports and the organization of sports and recreational activities. The University assists students in selecting a place to practice, for paid internship in the profile of the future specialty, in employment, provides material and social support to labor veterans, programs for preferential medical care and sanatorium treatment, health-resort treatment, labor protection, programs for professional development and language learning, assistance in solving housing problems.
The University also conducts social actions - support of student self-government and student youth organizations, participation of teachers and students in the work of public associations. Support the development of sports and volunteer movement, actions to keep a healthy lifestyle, donor initiatives. The University also conducts charity events in children’s’ home and board and care facilities, raising funds for the treatment of sick children and environmental campaigns – community clean up days, energy conservation and waste management activities. The Narxoz University helps children's home "Balapan" no.1, children's home no. 8, boarding schools in Almaty, the board and care facility "Ardager", MPI "Almaty city boarding house for people with disabilities with psychoneurological diseases”.
SOCIAL ACTIVITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY
- Social assistance to undergraduate students studying on a contractual basis is provided in the form of:
- Training cost reductions for orphaned children - 50%; children whose both parents (in the case of one parent – one parent) have an established disability of Groups I and II; for disabled persons of Groups I and II, persons disabled from childhood and disabled children, according to the conclusion of the Disability Evaluation Board, training in the relevant specialty is not contraindicative - 20%; for students who graduated from subsidiary education organizations with a special diploma - 10%;
- Training cost reductions for the children of the University staff / subsidiaries of education - from 15 to 25% for one academic year;
- Decrease in the cost of training for the University staff - from 20 to 30%, depending on the length of service for one academic year;
- For the employees of the Verny Capital Group of Companies - up to 25% per one academic year.
- Close relatives of the employees of the Verny Capital Group of Companies - up to 10% per one academic year.
- Graduates of schools who at UNT gained at least 125 points out of 140 and have a grade point average of at least 4.5 - 90% for the first year of study.
- Granting privileges for the summer term (students who were in inpatient treatment for a long time, as well as for other valid reasons with supporting documents, students who were on academic leave in connection with the curriculum change-the benefits are considered by the management of the university).
- Financing the training of students and undergraduates through the corporate foundation "ESF" (for one academic year at the expense of the foundation or through the allocation of personal grants from graduates for 1 year or for the entire training period), consisting of contributions from graduates of Narxoz University, members of the Graduates Association , voluntary donation from individuals and legal entities.
- Provision of hostel, meals, opportunities for treatment:
- Free provision of places in the hostel for non-resident students from among orphaned children and children deprived of parental care;
- Free meals for students from among orphaned children and children deprived of parental care and who are subject to regular medical check-up;
- Free medical care for students studying at the Republican-Medical Center LLP in Almaty;
- Free service at the University's medical station;
- 30-70% discount for medical services at the Medical Center "MY CLINIC", in accordance with the concluded Cooperation Agreement;
- Social support is also provided through:
- Allocation of the University grants (in recent years, grants have been awarded annually to the winners of the Narxoz Challenge Olympiad, scientific competitions, holders of the "Altyn Belgi" sign, who did not compete for the state educational grant, for vulnerable categories;
- Granting discounts for training in accordance with the approved Provision on granting educational benefits;
- Supporting the health of students through the development of sports and the organization of sports and recreational activities (the University has a sports complex, which includes a stadium, sports center, sports halls, a sports and fitness complex with an indoor swimming pool, gyms, aerobics halls and yoga was commissioned after reconstruction, discounts are offered for a visit to a sports and fitness complex with a swimming pool, the University has 12 sports sections, spartakiads, sporting contest in various sports are conducted, athletes take part in national and international competitions and championships, held creative activities to promote healthy lifestyles; University has recreation at Kapshagay Reservoir and Lake Balkhash);
- 44. Assistance in the selection of practice bases, paid internships both in the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad (Greece - based on the International Program "Job Trust", Russia, Turkey, China), in the employment of graduates (Career Center interacts with employers on issues of graduates employment, conducts "Galleries of vacancies " three times a year);
- Предоставление возможности студентам принять участие в конкурсах на оплачиваемые стажировки с последующим трудоустройством по таким программам, конкурсам и бизнес-чемпионатам, как: Программа «Metro Potentials», Форум «TravelWorks», кейс-чемпионат «Business Diving 2017» от компании McKinsey&Company, конкурсы от Microsoft, Amazon, Procter&Gamble, Deloitte, Программа стажировки «Sanofi Health Force», программы стажировок INKOMPASS от ТОО «Филип Моррис Казахстан», конкурс «Лучшие студенты 2017» от «Рекрутинговой компании Elite», «Стажировка в 2017 году» от Теле 2, соревнование «EY Accounting case competition», Day of Big 4, Программа «Жас Өркен» от АО «Самрук-Қазына», Межвузовское соревнование «Cup KIMEP» и т.п.
- Provision of opportunities for students to participate in contests for paid internships with subsequent employment through such programs, competitions and business championships as: “Metro Potentials” Program, “TravelWorks” Forum, “Business Diving 2017” case from McKinsey & Company, competitions from Microsoft, Amazon, Procter & Gamble, Deloitte, “Sanofi Health Force” internship program, INKOMPASS internship program from Philip Morris Kazakhstan LLP, “Best students 2017” competition from “Elite” Recruiting Company, “Internship in 2017” from Tele 2, competition “EY Accounting case competition”, Day of Big 4, “Zhas Orken” program from Samruk-Kazyna JSC, Interuniversity competition “Cup KIMEP”, etc.
- Forming a database of graduates, development of the Graduates Association and involving their members in the social support programs of the University, gifted students and the development of the University's infrastructure ;). Involvement of students and undergraduates in research and social projects funded by corporate partners, international companies, holdings and enterprises;
- Material support for students traveling to participate in scientific conferences, sports competitions (fee for travel, accommodation and meals).
- Support of student self-government and student youth organizations (the University has the debate club “Tandauly Economistter Odagy” (TEO), Narxoz Team, literary club Do yourself, Club Virus Narxoz, sports organization Narxoz Pride, KVN Narxoz, Zhaidarman, Enactus Narcio, Theater Narxoz Zhastar, Grow up, Narxoz Union, Youth wing of the party Nur Otan Zhas Otan various creative circles and sections);
- Participation of teaching staff, employees and students in the work of public associations (Public Association "Almaty City Association for Promoting Protection of the Rule of Law", "Red Cross Society", etc.;
- Support of the volunteer movement;
- Actions to keep a healthy lifestyle (annually the Dean's Office for Student Work conducts a creative contest among high schools, colleges and schools in Almaty "Life without tobacco, life without drugs", lectures and round tables for students in support of the Global Campaign against AIDS), infectious diseases, etc .;
- Donor Initiatives ("Donor Days" are held annually at the University. More than 150 people - students, teachers and employees take part in the action and donate blood).
- Charitable donation was made to Chernega's family, parents of 2-year-old daughter applied for help to our University.
- Members of the student organization “Good Soul of Narxoz” helped to sell tickets to the charity concert "Never give up" to raise funds for the treatment of the child Yerdulla Sanjar.
- Charity action in the Children’s Home No. 8 for children with mental retardation, orphaned children and children deprived of parental care.
- The charitable project "We are near" is aimed at supporting lonely old people living in a retirement home "Solnyshko".
- A volunteer team consisting of university staff and students organized a festive event dedicated to the New Year. Annually organizes collection of children's clothing and footwear for pupils of Children’s Home, for orphaned children from the Children's Home "Balapan" No. 1.
- Annually in early May, on the Victory Day, the Trade Union of the teaching staff and the University employees, with the participation of student creative teams, organizes a holiday concert and dinner for former employees of the University-veterans of the Second World War, participants of the labor front, widows of GPW veterans and Afghan soldiers, and also allocates financial assistance and gift gift baskets to veterans.
- By the Day of Older Person (October 1), 186 retired veterans received financial assistance for a total of KZT 1.3 million.
- 4. By the Victory Day (May 9), KZT 350,000 was allocated in the form of material assistance to 30 participants of the Great Patriotic War, the labor front and to Afghan soldiers.
- Charity events were held in children’s homes, boards and care facilities (money, clothing and food packages were collected and handed over, cultural events were held); funds for the treatment of children were collected and handed over.
10 PILLARS OF NARXOZ UNIVERSITY’S STRATEGY
1. To ensure long-term financial stability of the University.
2. To position the University as a center for research and innovation
3. To establish strong ties with Kazakhstani and international companies to effectively ensure the employment of NAXOZ graduates in the labor market.
4. To implement modern information systems that will improve efficiency in administrative and learning activities of the University, and will improve internal communications.
5. All educational programs of NARXOZ correspond to international professional standards.
6. To introduce innovations in education.
7. Zero tolerance for corruption and plagiarism.
8. To create an intra-university quality assurance system, in which special attention will be paid to the competencies of students and teachers (knowledge, skills, attitude skills).
9. To develop the potential of NARXOZ teachers and employees.
10. To expand the internationalization of NARXOZ.